December 10, 2007

Mouse Ears and Pixie Dust - Part 2

OK, so yesterday I got hit with the "bug" that my kids have had all week, not good when Mommy is down for the day....luckily it was Sunday and Jason was home to rally the troops. Not to mention deliver the goods for the MOMS holiday party that I coordinated, yet missed! Meredith and the girls did a great job and from what I hear the party was a success - you go girls!!!

Now to finish our trip to Disney!!

Thursday - Jason's brother and girlfriend Carla drove up to meet us for the day at MGM. All was going well until Peyton got sick during the Bear in the Big Blue House Show. Then our day went on a roller coaster. After that he seemed to feel better, so we headed to lunch at Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine. Here we had lunch with Jo Jo, Goliath from Jo Jo's Circus and Leo and June from Little Einsteins. Everyone had a great time dancing and singing with the characters. Even the trips were getting into it. After lunch, Peyton got sick again so Jason and I headed back to the resort with the troops for a cool down and nap. Later that night he, Preston and Helena met back up with the rest of the group at MGM.

The Peyton, Parker and I hung around the resort and when they got back I did some laundry. Now I know what you are thinking - laundry on vacation? But trust me, if I would have not done those 5 loads we would have been sunk when we got home. Not to mention, I got to hang out at the pool and read a magazine (all by myself) while the wash was going.....nice!

Friday - This was a big day for Helena, we were having breakfast with Mulan - her absolute favorite princess. I have to say I like her to - she is spunky, does not play by the rules and saves China in the process!! Jason and I split up again this morning. I took Parker with me and he stayed back with Peyton and Preston.

When we walked up to the resturant there she was standing all by herself, no other little girls were around and Helena was speechless. Helena was dressed in her Mulan costume and they looked like twins!! Mulan was so sweet and Helena looked like she just met her idol! Before we left, Mulan gave Helena a kiss on the cheek (she wore bright red lipstick!).

After breakfast we hooked up with Jason. Epcot does a great thing for the kids. They get a mask and at each of the countries they get a stamp of that country and an attachment to represent that country. It was a fun game until the rain came and we headed back for the day. At several of the countries the representatives wrote the kids name in their native language and the Chinese representative called Helena - Fa Mulan and she just grinned from ear to ear!

Later that night Helena and I went to Downtown Disney to pick up our sketched from The Art of Disney. The sketch artist did 3 different Sorcerer Mickey's for the boys, Helena got Cinderella dancing with Prince Charming and Jason got Mickey at Luke Skywalker (his birthday present).

When everyone was asleep, Jason and I packed up all of our things to head home the next day, our week in Disney was coming to an end.

Saturday - We had until 2:00 pm to visit one more time, so we headed over to the Magic Kingdom. We forgot that this was the day they were filming the Christmas Parade. Yes, for those of you who do not know, the Disney parade we see on Christmas morning is not live. We got to see Regis and Kelly (from afar), the Jonas Brothers and the new Menudo (yes, there is a new Menudo)...

After a few rides, we headed back to the Wilderness Lodge to catch the Magic Express to the airport. The plane ride home was uneventful until Parker got tanked up the last 20 minutes and just cried and cried....

We had a great time, was it perfect - that would determine what your definition of perfect is - but to me it is one vacaction I will always remember as one of the best. You only get to see Disney througth the eyes of you children for such a little while - I will never forget it!

1 comment:

Pam said...

A new Menudo? I had completely forgotten about them until just now. I used to LOVE them!! It sounds like you had a great time. How many pictures dd you take?