February 2, 2008

Why I Love Mayberry!!

My brother often jokes with me that I live in Mayberry and actually, Church Hill/Sudlersville is a lot like it.

Where else would you find a sign that looks like this to announce a fall wedding!

And where else would you find Cedar Run Farm. Lew Dodd grew up on the farm and now raises the cattle and hog just like his father did when he was a little boy. All you have to do to get farm raised, hormone and antibiotic free meat is drive up his driveway and meet him at the barn. That is his "store" where you can get a variety of frozen meats at a really great price. All less than 5 minutes from your own driveway. Plus is your order is more than $75.00 he delivers. Can I just tell you - his scrapple is the best around!!

When my neighbors car broke down, the lady from Jeannies Shore Good Produce (the local produce market where you can get a great chicken salad sandwich and milkshake, not to mention some fishing/hunting gear and the best corn around while waiting for your order), took her kids to school for her while she waited for the tow truck!

When I need an oil change, Dave from Rolands Garage on the corner, will come to my house - pick up my van - do the oil change ($25.00) - and return it to my garage within a few hours - so I don't have to worry about taking the kids out. I think they do it because there is always a batch of homemade cookies waiting for them when they bring the van back - ha ha ha!!

When Helena needed stitches because of the previously mentioned post, Mrs. Pauls, the principal, went to the hospital with us. (because Helena asked her to!)

Helena's bus driver Mr. Embert has a grand-daughter (Abby) that played on her soccer team and his daughter (Melissa, Abby's mom) was one of the nurses that took care of the boys when they were in the hospital last August.

Small town America - many, many people still ask us why we moved out to the "country" - these are just a few of the reasons......and let's not forget - at night when you look into the sky, you can see every star in it!!!

No comments: