March 9, 2009

Tuckahoe State Park

Saturday we ventured to one of the neatest parks ever....Tuckahoe State Park. They have a lake to fish, canoe or kayak...a hoarse back riding trail...a campground...several walking paths...and a playground made mostly from recycled tires. We are planning to take Helena on her first overnight camping trip there in the spring!

We headed for the playground and the kids had a blast! Climbing, running, jumping, sliding, more climbing, running, jumping, sliding, stick/rock throwing (into the lake, not at each other), etc.

While there we saw another family that was in the NICU with us at AAMC. Their twins were born a few days after our boys and were about 6 weeks early, but they are doing great! Nice to see and hear good things these days! They are in potty training mode as well, so we had a few tactics to discuss while trying to keep track of all the kiddos!

After 2 hours at the park, we headed home. On the way, I decided I needed an iced-coffee and over here on the shore you have 2 choices...Mc D's or Dunkin Donuts....so I went with Mc D's so Jason (who wanted nothing) could get an XXXXXL Sweet Tea. Now all the kids have conked out, except for Helena who hears us and immediately asks for nuggets and fries. So.....

I am turning into said parking lot when I respond to a question my husband has asked and brush the curb with the back tire, passenger side. He replies, barely audible....J**** C***** Denise!
So my backseat driver, replies, loudly...J**** C*****, Mommy! Jason goes to correct said behavior, but I cut him off with a stare and brush the other curb with my front drivers side tire! Awesome! NOT!

I do not condone what she repeated, I wanted him to admit to her that he should not have said it either! I was just trying to be a good Mom!!! And being a good Dad, while trying not to laugh to hard he did correct everyone!

So now, everyone is up and notices that we are in the coveted Golden Arches drive thru and the crowd goes WILD! It was like being at a Maryland Game, but instead of Go Maryland! it was Yeah! Chicken Nuggets! My goodness, it had been a whole 2 hours since their last snack and 20 minutes since there last juice fix....what was I thinking trying to get home. So I caved, and we fixed everyone up with a snack of 2 nuggets and some fries. They ate it all!

Later that night, I had a craving for a good cheese steak, and since I take Saturday night off in the kitchen, we ordered from Carletto in Sudlersville. This place has the best homemade food, their spaghetti with meat sauce rivals Sabatinos any day. So I order a large (18") sub for me and Jason to split, a large cheese pizza for the kids (knowing there would be leftovers for breakfast or lunch tomorrow) and an order of fries.

We sit down to eat and when all is said and done....Parker and Preston ate 1 and 1/2 slices of pizza each, Peyton ate 2 slices, Helena had a slice and half of Jason's sub, Jason had the other half and a slice, I had my half of sub and we split the fries....there was only 1 piece of pizza left in the box when I was cleaning up! So much for leftover cold pizza for breakfast.....

No comments: