September 15, 2010

Our First Book Fair, Fundraiser and School Pictures

(OK, so I know I am slacking here on the first day of school pics for the triplets, but I am going to do this post first because Jason has the camera in his truck with all of the pictures so.......)


All in the a 10 day span, really....I am glad I started my new job!!!

Last week the PreK went to the book fair to pick out 2 books each that they would "like to buy"....here was our picks

Parker - Sponge Bob Soccer Star, Heavy Metal Mater
Preston - Horse & Pony Sticker Book, Sponge Bob Soccer Star
Peyton - World's Cutest Puppies, Heavy Metal Mater

(Does anyone else see a trend??)

Fundraisers, not so bad - everyone could use a little cookie dough, right - but I got 4 packets sent home - really, I am hoping this was a mistake because if not the Grandmoms are going to be stocked in cookie dough for a long, long time. Grandmom Cindy - it is a good thing UJ is back to help with the cause! Plus, for those family members not in the immediate area you can now order online and have the product shipped directly to you!

And finally, the school pictures. Luckily for us they now offer the family plan! Pay full price for the first two and the others are 50% off. OK, not so bad, but the least expensive package is $28.00, but I have to get their first school pictures - it is the sentimental MOM in me!

In the end it is OK, I love the fact that they want books and the fundraiser helps the RIF program the PTA does (each student receives one book each month of the school year) and school pictures are really a right of passage in some ways. I mean don't we all look back at those first ones and say "What was my MOM thinking when she dressed me in that?"

No comments: