September 12, 2007

A New Adventure

A new adventure, sounds good to me! We are always looking for a new adventure in our lives, and this way I can share them with everyone.

It is hard to believe that our 9 year wedding anniversary is coming up this fall. It seems like yesterday I was sitting in my first college lecture hall when this guy sits next to me out of the blue. The hall was basically empty, but he sat next to me? Little did we know 9 years later we would be married with 4 children and a dog.....

Now a new adventure has begun - H. is in school, soccer and ballet class. She goes to Pre-K4 5 days a week and of course loves every minute of it, especially riding the bus. Soccer is going well. They do not offically keep score, but we (the parents) know they are 1-1. I am the team MOM, yes a real life "soccer mom" - go figure.

This week we had our first ballet class and I got good reviews from Mrs. Teri. The little girl she sits with on the bus is in her class. H. and N. have become good friends. H. has requested a leotard with a skirt so she can watch it twirl in class, so off to Target we go. I mean she may follow in her mother and god-mothers footsteps and dance for 17+ years, so she needs to be prepared.

Last night I felt like an official Mom. We had our first Back to School Night. I figure by the time the trips make it to Pre-K I will be a pro at PTA meetings, fund raisers and not going to any school function without my checkbook.

Well, Sesame Street is over and it is time to get ready for school, lunch and the bus....which leads to lunch and playtime with the trips, the usual load (or 2) of laundry and getting dinner started before the bus comes back.....if I have time, maybe some chocolate chip cookies will be in order....

No comments: