November 13, 2007

Things That Make You Think

While driving home from Target today I heard one of my favorite songs Seasons of Love. It really makes you think about things in life....

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife

In five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure
A year in the Life?

How do I measure a year in my life? By birthdays, by holidays, by grocery shopping trips (over 100), by arguments, by seasons? This answer did not take a long time to come to me - I measure my year from January to December and count the milestones (good and bad) knowing that the good always win!

Total strangers often ask me (when I am out with the kids by myself) - "Do you ever have a good day?" and my reply is "Yes, It just depends on what your definition of a good day is!"

Everyday after breakfast there is fussing among the troops, Helena is disgruntled when I brush her hair before leaving for school, the boys get into mischeif - usually with Preston at the helm, Helena debates with me over the why of everything , Jason usually calls with a list of things he needs done and to tell me he is working late and there is usually smushed green bean or banana on the floor after every meal - thanks to Parker! Brittany wants to play, but not with Peyton because he likes to give her a dental check - everyday; the laundry is never caught up; juice cups always need to be washed; lunch and dinner need to be made; and did I mention diapers? Helena has homework and then there is bath time, story time and catching her turning on her light to "read" just one more book!

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DAY TO ME!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

As you and they (the kids) get older you will look back & remember these days as the GOOD days. You will smile & remember all of these times as special. They are only little for a short time or so it seems. I know some days it seems like they will be at this stage forever. Forget about the daily chores and enjoy all the GOOD DAYS before they're gone. Smile & Relax you are doing an EXCELLENT JOB :)