April 11, 2008

The Fast and the Furious

Apparently that is me! On my way to the Benedictine School (a school for disabled and special kids that teaches them job skills) to pick up some aprons for the church cookbook tasting, I got pulled over by a State Trooper - all 4 kids in the car mind you. He politely told me I was doing 68 in a 50 and asked for the usual stuff. After several minutes of sitting in his black unmarked vehicle, on a not so major side road, he proceeded to give me a ticket. (so this is the fast)

Then he asked me if I have ever had a traffic violation - now I know he just looked at my record, so I proceeded to tell him that the last ticket I got was my freshman year of collage. His reply "Well that was a really long time ago!" OK, I am not that old, maybe I look older than 34, but hey give me a break! This whole time my little angels were being just that as well - no one let out a peep!!! Can you believe it, not even one. (this would be the furious) And to make matters worse, he told me I should go to court, because the judge is very lenient on new offenders like myself, so he would probably reduce the points (ugh!) and fine.

So I want to know - why did he give me the ticket if it will likely only cost me court fees??? Not to mention a day of work for Jason and a day at the courthouse for me!!!! Someone help me understand this craziness!!!

1 comment:

Annapolis Moms said...

Wow - I didn't know they had cars back when you were in college!

Maybe you should drive to convention... sounds like it would cut a good hour or two off of the drive.

Hope this week is going better. Only 4 more days until our trip!

~Molly