June 16, 2010

Baby A

Oh, my little Baby A......for those of you who know this little angel personally, or have heard the stories about him, the following comes as no surprise. For those of you who are meeting him for the first time....you will laugh in the end!

Typically A is the most dominant of the set, not in my house! My A likes to do things on his own terms....follow when it is convenient and lead when necessary to get what he wants, or make me crazy!!

For Example:
* He was the last to eat in the NICU, why do it on your own when there is that nifty tube that will put it right in my tummy?
* He was the last to crawl, why do it when you can roll?
* He was the last to walk, seriously....crawling is soooo much faster and easier, plus I can get to the toy before the other 2 stumble there!
* He was the last to start talking, look if Peyton wants to be the spokesperson, I'll just reap the benefit of the juice, snack, food thing....why talk when he will do it for me!

Do you see the pattern here?? The best part of this is that he could do all of he previous, but made the choice not to!

* After 18 months of speech therapy (which by the way has brought him leaps and bounds to communicating) his 2 answers during his PreK eval were, "NO" and "I don't think so"....are you serious?!?!?!?!

* When you ask him for a red crayon, he will hand it to you, but if you ask him what color it is.....strawberry! Brown....chocolate, blue....sky, green.....grass.......can you sense my frustration here??

Although he is "stubborn" and likes to do things his own way, to say the least.......he can be my littlest sweetheart! Every night before bed, he give me 2 hugs and a kiss. Spiderman is his favorite superhero, but he has never seen a cartoon or movie. He is fascinated by anything that has wheels, especially if it is painted John Deere Green! This is his favorite time of the year, because the combines are starting in the wheat fields and he will just watch them with fascination. He loves to eat, especially peanut butter sandwiches, but he is much small then his brothers ( I think that is because he is always running from me!). He likes to play soccer and can run pretty fast. He loves the beach, the sand and water. He likes to walk in the woods and find me treasures (mostly one that have legs and want to be kissed by a princess). My favorite....he will sneak down every morning and snuggle in my bed after Jason leaves for work, just for a cuddle and will go promptly go back to sleep!

So in the end, I do believe that this little man will be the one to send me on that mini vacation to the "spa" where they have white rooms (with padding), crisp white sheets (with a thread count of less than 200), meals served to you (on little trays with a spork) and lovely gardens (that are fenced in with alarms)......I do truly love him with all of my heart! This tenacity will be a trait that will serve him well later, just not when he is 4!

**As I am finishing this up, he just came looking for me. No one else is up, so we get to go have some Mommy-Parker time!

No comments: