October 28, 2007

Weekend FUN

This weekend proved to be a really nice one in the end!

Saturday - RAIN - so soccer was rescheduled, the hayride was cancelled and outside activity was NONE! But we did get to go and visit Grandmom Beverly and Pop George. During our visit me and J. snuck out to do some holiday shopping and browsing (to help Santa out!) We actually completed out mission successfully - and that is all I can say on that topic! After dinner we headed home with one little detour through Little Italy - via Vacarros!!! My favorite eatery in Little Italy, and yes I know they only sell desserts! So on the way home I couldn't wait - I ate my entire cannoli-mmmmmmmmmmmm good!!!! H. had a mini one and the Trips shared some butter cookies with Dad - I need to start them young, no?

Needless to say it was a beautiful end to a rainy day!

Sunday - Sunny and Chilly - Finally feels like fall - tonight we are even supposed to get a frost here on the shore - YEAH! Today Ms. Stevie came to take our picture, we felt like celebrities having a photographer follow us around the yard taking shots of everyone, even Brittany (the dog got in a few). She is great, so sweet and great with the kids. Helena was somewhat of a PILL, I know it is hard for some of you to believe - Ha Ha Ha - but overall things went well.

Afterwards, we went to Boo at the Zoo. Everyone got in costume and H. got to go Trick-or-Treating. It was alot of fun and the weather was beautiful. I love to see the kids in costume, even some of the adults dressed the part. Afterwards we went to Grandmom Cindy's for dinner and to pick up some suitcases to take to Disney. We need to start packing some summer clothes now that fall is really here! Only 27 days until we leave to see The Mouse, Cinderella and H.'s favorite - Mulan! I think H. likes her because she is Sassy, who does that remind anyone of???

I got to chat with P. tonight and that was nice to catch up on her weekend. They went to some sacred caves and the pictures are beautiful. They had to climb over 200 steps to get to the top! Not only did they get a day trip, but a workout as well!! She sounds great and we determined tonight that our husbands can both be big marshmallows when it comes to their girls (not me or P. mind you!)!! But we really already knew that.....

1 comment:

Pam said...

I am so jealous!!! Boo at the Zoo would have been nice to do. The fall weather sounds wonderful!!! Again, I am so jealous. :-)

Pam