January 3, 2008

Catching My Breath

Wow! What a crazy couple of weeks....I am really behind on my blogging and have a lot to catch up on, plus I was/am having some camera issues, but here is a quick recap of the holidays....

December 22 - Lunch with my father-in laws family at my in-laws house

December 22 - Dinner with my mother-in laws family at my in-laws house. This is a yearly event in which the Man in Red makes an appearance and each person at the party gets a special present from him. The kids always seem to get a "toy". I think Aunt Carol give Santa a special list so he knows exactly what to bring!!! Then we play the gift exchange game, this year Jason won a Dunkin Donuts gc and I got a Santa for the table (look for it at next years game everyone!)

December 23 - Early dinner with Aunt Sharon and family. This was a good time. Within the first 5 minutes of us arriving their dog Jack knocked Helena into the Christmas tree and my niece Emily and Preston break a glass votive while Peyton keeps touching every button on their new TV. I am not sure if we will be invited back next year or not!! Ha Ha Ha......She and Uncle Chuck loved every minute of it!!!

December 24 - Christmas Eve - This year we had an early dinner at my in-laws house and everyone exchanged gifts. The kids had a really good time. Helena would only let GG help her open the presents and the triplets figured out that Pop Stanley was good at helping new trucks escape from their box!! Everyone got some really nice things and had fun opening presents.

December 25 - Christmas Day - This year was a big one for Helena. She has been asking Santa for a Purple Bike with a Purple Helmet for 2 months and can you believe it - that is exactly what she got!!! She must have been a really good girl for him to fill the request perfectly. When she was coming down the steps she stopped halfway down and just stared in AWE! Parker, Preston and Peyton must have been really good too because they got a really cool play center that looks like a bus! It is bigger than my chair in the living room. Santa's elves must have had a good time putting that together - ha ha ha!

Daddy got a new tool chest for the garage and a Corn Hold game for the yard thanks to Mr. Daniel at his office for building them! Mommy got a double grill pan and hot chocolate from her favorite store - William Sonoma and some new crocs with sheerling lining.

Later, everyone came to our house for an early dinner. This year I took on the Christmas Day tradition. When my Mom was growing up, her Mom always had dinner on Christmas Day, until my parents had me ( I am the oldest grandchild of 5), then it was passed on to my Mom. Now I have taken the reins and really had fun preparing everything. As always, I did not do it alone, everyone participated in the day!

December 29 - Open House for the Extended Family. More to come Helena just woke up - Bad Dream! I guess we will be having a "Slumber Party" in her room tonight!

No comments: