January 17, 2008

Love Hurts....Rocky!

My daily routine includes snack for the boys at 3:30 p.m. This way they are in their highchairs occupied while I get dinner prepped and/or started depending on what we are going to have and soon after Helena's bus will arrive. Knowing they are contained I will run out to meet her.

Tuesday at 3:45 the phone rings and it is school. They have her there because there was an accident on the bus and she was hurt, I need to come pick her up!! Luckily Robin was available to sit with the boys and I ran to school.

Bless her heart, she was in the nurses office with 2 butterfly bandages over her left eye! She was very upset of course, but very brave!! My next question - How did this happen??? Apparently, she hugged a little boy in K "goodbye" and told him she loved him....as a result, he pushed her in the back and she fell into the bus window!

By the time we got cleaned up and began to head to the hospital, his dad brought him backup to see me and Helena! His parents could not have handled the situation any better - they were great. The little boy apologized and Helena, on her own, accepted his apology. His dad gave me their information to call after our trip to the ER to let them know how she was doing.

So off we go, with Mrs. Pauls (her principal) in tow! She is the best, she offered to ride with us and sit in the back with Helena. Helena graciously accepted the offer and off we went. Two hours, 3 stitches and 1 black eye later we were dropping Mrs. Pauls back to school and headed home!! Helena was so brave, even during the stitching - don't get me wrong there were tears, but afterwards the cherry Popsicle from the nurse made it all better.

Yesterday I told her she did not have to go to school, but she said she was fine! That is my girl, she is over it and moved on! Later last night, she even went to ballet class and had a great time. Today her eye is still purple and a little swollen, but she is definitely back to her old sassy self!!

I told her that she might not want to hug any more boys for a while!!


No comments: