March 11, 2008

Rite of Passage - Peyton

This weekend brought on yet another "big boy" moment in our house.

Saturday night we moved our clocks forward before bed, so when I heard Preston scream at 6:30 am I almost forgot that my body was working on 5:30 am instead. It was not the usual, "I am up come get me" yell, it sounded like something was wrong. As I opened the door to their room, Preston had gone back under his blanket, but Parker was staring me in the face. So Parker and I went down to get some milk for everyone and my goal was to put everyone, including me, back to bed!

As Parker and I are walking down the hall to their room, Peyton passes me in the hallway!!! My first reaction was - " What the @#$%, I am not seeing this!?!?"....but I was. So now we know Peyton can escape at will from the crib.

Friday night I was just saying to the girls that we are pretty lucky and no one has ever tried to climb out of their crib, including Helena. Yes, I spoke tooooo soon. So now Jason and I had the great debate and we decided to convert his bed to a toddler bed with a side. Off to Babies "R" Us we go, because I did not buy any bed sides at the yard sale on Saturday.

So now we have Peyton in a toddler bed, a special lock on the boys bathroom door and yet one more security measure on the toilet itself in the event he makes it in the bathroom. There is a gate at the door to their room and one more in the hallway! So far so good, 2 days in a row Peyton had been in his bed when I go to bed and has been there when I woke up - I have heard little footsteps during the night only once, so not bad! We will see what the rest of the week brings!!!

No comments: