March 30, 2008

Some Mommy and Me Time

I have to say that everyday Helena amazes me with something - weather it be a new word used correctly, a new song or dance learned in school, or sometimes the sassyness just floors me!!! But tonight as I am checking e-mails, catching up on blogs, and doing some last minute cookbook things, she is drawing on her easel next to me.

She told me she had some work to do, so she would do it in here with me - the part of this that I love the most is the pictures she is drawing - a hoarse, a girl in a dress, a butterfly - and all of them are clearly what they are supposed to be!! No more guessing what the array of circles and lines are - she is doing really well!!! Now this is not the first time she has done this, she is 4.5, however looking at Parker, Preston and Peyton's current artwork I remember the drawings of the past!!!

For those of you who have never been through the "Look at my drawing! Guess what it is!" game - one day you will understand. Your little one or ones will walk up to you with their shoulders back, chin held high, looking like they just conquered the world and will ask the above mentioned questions. When you reply with the wrong answer, usually several times in a row before being told in a not-so-nice tone what it really is - you will live for the day the lines and circles represent a true picture and the side of your brain that tries to decipher the abstract art will be able to rest!

However when you look back - these are one of the things you will miss and realize that the true life drawings also mean your little girl is growing up - faster and faster than you can sometimes imagine!

No comments: