May 11, 2008

Are you a Poet or Pirate?

Webster says a poet is a person of great imagination and expressive capabilities and a pirate is one who carries out the act of robbery on the high seas.

I think at times I can qualify as both, although my "high seas" is really our house! I can be an imaginative MOM of 4 (try keeping them entertained) who "steals" kisses and hugs on a daily basis all for pure enjoyment - what better "booty" could you ask for! Then when Daddy comes home - I can steal a few from him while trying to use my "expressive" capabilities to come up with a dinner all 6 of us will enjoy!

But what leads me to this question you may ask??? The FUN I had yesterday at the Kenny Chesney - Poets and Pirates Concert at M & T Bank Stadium!!

I know, not all of you know about my fixation with Country music - I love it because I think it is real. The country of today is not our parents country, it is not all "twang and banjos" - some songs sound just like my life, or a small part of the past (but that's another entry entirely!!)

So yesterday Big Denise, my Mom and Dad, Brother and Melissa, Aunt Sharon and Uncle Chuck, Chuckie and Ashlee went to the concert. BD and I headed downtown around 10:30 to check in at the Hotel (that's right our husbands rock!). After checking in and getting freshened up we headed to Pickles Pub to check out the mechanical bull riding (ha ha) and other events going on. Outside of the stadium they had some local bands playing, another mechanical bull and some give-aways.

Around 2:30 we headed in to find our seats, grab a "drink" and begin our day. The lineup hosted some of my faves -Big and Rich, Brooks and Dunn, ending of course with Kenny Chesney who took the stage around 9:00. I have to say we sang and danced our way through the day and night. By the time the concert was over I was voiceless. When we got back to our room, we crashed at midnight. We had every intention of going back to Pickles to check out the fun, but the reality of getting up at 6:30 that morning hit us like a brick! We just can't hang like we used to!! When I woke up this morning in that soft, down covered bed, all by myself, with no cooking to do, or diapers to change or someone asking me to put on the Disney Channel - it was nice, but honestly tooo quiet.

Thanks Big D for a full day of fun and excitement, just like we used to have back when we met 20 years ago!!

No comments: