May 11, 2008

Mothers Day 2008 (Daddy Rocks!)

This year I was asked "As a MOM of multiples plus one - what would you like for Mothers Day?"

My honest answer was "A day of peace and quiet, with my family, where I did not have to wake up early to make breakfast, someone would make it for me. I would not have to worry about diaper changes and getting everyone dressed. I would not have to fuss over putting in a ponytail and I would not have to worry about lunch or dinner. The day would be planned and I could just enjoy it!"
So here is how it went -
I woke up on my own schedule in a nice comfy bed, by myself, and I didn't even have to make it. I got to get myself and only myself ready for the day. I got to go eat breakfast someone else cooked and not have to worry about doing the dished afterwards. I got to come home to everyone bathed and dressed for the day, ponytail included. I got to have a nice lunch with the family before the triplets took their nap (Helena even had a quiet time) and even got to nap myself for an hour. (Jason and I crashed on the couch watching TV). I got to go out to dinner, no planning and no cleanup for me and best of all I got to spend it with my family!!!
This year my Mothers Day wish really did come true!! Not to mention I got the most awesome gift ever - the grandmoms and GG got a smaller version as well and Jason did these all on his own, with help from Helena, while I was at the concert yesterday......the picture is on a canvas.
Daddy Rocks!! Just one of the many reasons I love him!!


No comments: