May 20, 2008

Big Boy Beds

OK, so last Thursday evening, Preston - my little sweetheart, got out of his crib no less than 10 times after I put him to bed. This was not the way I wanted to end my evening, needless to say! So Friday evening we did it - everyone went into their Big Boy Bed!

However it was just not that simple. Friday evening, after everyone was put to bed, there was a small party going on in their room. When Jason went up to put everyone back to bed, it looked like a Winter Wonderland. They got into the dresser and emptied the entire container of baby powder all over their room! Peyton never messed with this, so it was either Parker or Preston. (My money is on Parker - he may look sweet and innocent, but trust me I know the truth!!)

So on Saturday we went into Ft. Knox mode....we put new safety locks on the bathroom and closet doors. A new gate that is secured into the wall is in the doorway. All clothing and other items aside from their sleep toys - Buzz Lightyear, books and blankies - went into the new closet organizers. The lamps got put on top of the bookshelf and...... they still figured out that if they pull out the bottom draw of the small dresser they can reach anything that may be on top of it.

So now there is nothing on top of any furniture that is less than 4 ft tall and all is getting to be well. Last night it only took 30 minutes for everyone to fall asleep and today nap time went much better!!! I think we are onto something here.........Lets Keep Our Fingers Crossed!!!

No comments: