May 23, 2008

Are You Serious???

The new Target in Easton has these great carts that allow all 3 of my triplets to have a seat at the front of the cart. It really works well when I have all 4 with me, not to mention the pit stop we make at Mc Donald's for 4 small fries!!!

Anyway here I am, shopping yesterday evening, when I had the kids parked at the end of the aisle and I went to crab some floor cleaner....

Woman with friend:"Oh my God! If I had all of those kids I would kill myself!"
Me: walking to cart with cleaner, appalled by comment
Woman with friend: "I feel so sorry for you! And all boys too!"
Me: "Do not feel sorry for me in any way! I am perfectly happy with my family! Helena come here please."
Woman with friend: "Oh my, you have another one too?"
Me: "Yes she is mine as well"
Woman with friend: "Well I guess it is so much easier now that they can play together all of the time and keep each other occupied!"
Me: "Or they could just throw each other on the floor like a WWF Smackdown to get the toy away from the other, like they do everyday, while keeping each other occupied. That makes is soooo much easier!"
Friend: "I think we better let Mom finish her shopping now!"

2 comments:

n. said...

more evidence that people open their mouth before giving any consideration to the verbal spew that they are about to release. i always think of the great comebacks on my way to the car - so good for you!

Kristina said...

Hi Denise, this is Kristina Morris. I just wanted to let you know that I feel the same way. I only have twins but I get the same comments. Like, how do you tell them apart. I am like, I am the mother so I should them apart. Or, how do you do it with 2 kids at once. Then they go to say I want twins soooo bad. I tell them come to my house for 1 evening so they can get the full effect. Your blog is so awesome. Take Care!
Kristina