June 13, 2009

Strawberry Picking

Yesterday we went strawberry picking at Godfrey's Farm. This is the second year in a row that AMOM has done this and followed it with a picnic at Church Hill Park. I frequent Lisa's farm stand at least 3 times a week for the freshest produce you can find, she is a great person and MOM of twin girls to boot!

Helena is still in school, so she did not get to go this time, but we got a special treat because our cousins Kristen (Parker and Preston's Godmother) and Angie came along with us. The boys loved it because they had one on one time with somebody for the tractor ride and picking! I think Peyton eats more than we actually carry out in the pint, but I have to say he is a very particular berry picker (now)....only the "bright red berries" for him! He was partnered with Angie and I think he was giving her lessons on his technique...hahaha Parker was picking with Kristen and was doing great talking to her as well, she is so great with my kids, we are lucky to have her as part of their lives! I had Preston, he likes to find the really small ones that he can just pop into his mouth without biting, but he soon left me for Angie, then Parker was done and wanted to walk, so Peyton went with Kristen......again, one on one, what is a Mom to do when she can actually look after one at a time !?!?!?!?!

A little back story....2 weeks ago while visiting Godfrey's I got my friends Robin and Jenny some berries and delivered them on the way home. I am not sure exactly when it started, but Peyton has a huge crush on Ms. Jenny and he was very excited about dropping off her berries. When we got to her farm, he was asleep and did not actually get to do the delivery and apparently did not realize that the delivery was made because ......the next morning when I got our berries out he told me "No Mommy, they for Jenny!" After some debate I was allowed to make smoothies!

So while Kristen was picking with Peyton, he picked an extra pint for his girl Jenny and made sure we delivered them on the way home! He specifically told all of us that those were "berries for Jenny"! You see he ate most of his pint on the way home.....

Thanks again Kristen and Angie for spending the day with us, we hope you had as much fun as we did!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

We loved picking berries with the boys. I can't wait for our next adventure!!