July 10, 2008

First Week Back To Work!

As Jason was running out the door Monday morning about 4:30 am he told me to "Have a good day!" and kissed me on the forehead like he has done every morning for the last 9.75 years! (And I seriously mean every morning he leaves for work he does this!!)

Back to work after a great vacation - a vacation that I could actually vacate - do you know I did not change a diaper for 7, count them 7 full days!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong I missed all of my boys very much while I was gone, but I knew Dad would take care of everything while I was gone - no worries. Well one worry, "How long was it going to take me to get my boys back on schedule???"

Big Credit to Jason - while I was gone he took the triplets to the park (alone), out to dinner, to the zoo with his Aunt, to the Beach for 3 day with his parents and arrived back home in time to greet us at the gate when we got off of the plane (all 3 boys in tow)! Everyone was well fed (the fridge and pantry were empty) and of course the house was clean - anyone who knows my husband knows he has serious OCD!

So back to the schedule - It has taken me 4 days to remind the boys that Mommy likes to use the gate in the living room, but other than that and Helena still being on AK time, my van being in the shop for 4 days, me being on AK time and trying to reinstate the daily schedule while adding the required reading list and workbooks for Helena, plus starting to potty train the boys - we are doing OK!!

Honestly - I have only had to put myself in time out once a day for the last 4 days, so that is not tooo bad if you ask me!?!?!?! Tonight, as I was walking around the outlets looking for some onesies for the boys - they totally understand that you need to remove your diaper to sit on the potty, the problem is Parker and Preston always want to streak around the house, so snaps it is - I found this note pad (while looking at the Vera Bradley sale rack) with the best quote...

"Today is A Gift...That is Why it is Called the Present"

I love it - it gives me the reality check that I need when my boys are trying to push my buttons and H. is telling me that "I am not playing with you Mommy, now can I have some candy?". The reality is - I am truly blessed to have these little people in my life to push my buttons and repeat back to me what I say to them. Those crazy moments are totally outweighed by the fantastic, funny, great ones. I am blessed that I have a husband (of almost 10 years) who does not complain (often) when I need to venture out by myself to get it all back together so I can have an even better day tomorrow!

No comments: