July 30, 2008

Proud Parenting Moment 2,736

Today I decided that it would be a good idea to make peach jam and can some peaches. Growing up I can remember my Mom and Nonnie canning every summer - peaches, applesauce, pickles and, of course, tomatoes. So we pack up the van and head to Target for supplies.

While in Target I almost lost every bit of sanity I had!! The triplets were just little terrors!!! Parker and Peyton wanted to be held (because that is easy when I am pushing and pulling a cart), then they decided they were going to boycott sitting and stand up every other second! After sitting them down 157 times and putting the 10 items I needed in the cart we headed for the checkout.

Right before the checkout was a display of Hannah Montana shirts. Helena had mentioned that she liked one of them, so as I turn to look for her size (because she was a FANTASTIC LISTENER the entire trip) I hear a sales associate say "Hey little man, please sit down". As I look back Parker is standing on his seat in the cart yet again! Then Peyton decides to join in and she proceeds to tell me and my sons that "Little boys that stand in carts sometimes fall down"! while I am sitting then down for the 156th time of the trip. (157 happened in the checkout line)

My response should have been: Really?!?!?! You mean it is not a safe thing to do????? , but I just looked at her as she began to explain the dangers of little boys standing in carts to me and I said in a not so nice voice with hand gestures (like I was Italian) "I GOT IT!"

I am not an idiot - I know it is not safe and do you think it really lead to an enjoyable trip??? I am in this store at least once a week with my circus - last week was a trip of perfection - this week I did not even stop to get my Starbucks on the way out!! (That is my treat for surviving the trip to Target - good or bad.) Now I know I was rude and it was not an appropriate way to act - but please give me some credit here lady - I am shopping with 4 kids!!!

No comments: