February 5, 2009

Another Target Adventure

So today I decided to do my weekly Target run. So I packed up the boys, delivered a meal to a new Mom from church, swung through Mc Donalds for the boys weekly treat - today it was fries, and headed to Target.

Behavior during our weekly trips has been a crap shoot lately. On Monday, I had to run in and look for a lamp for Helena's bedroom and my sons acted like a bunch of Baboon's who hadn't been out of their cage in months. So needless to say we did not get anything.

Today, was a good day, except .........

I parked strategically near a cart return where a 3 seater cart was waiting. I went to get the cart, parked it behind my van and began to put the boys shoes back on. A few minutes later, when I looked up, my cart was going across the parking area. No, not by itself, but being pushed by a woman with a 4 year old singleton and her mother. As I call "Excuse me, Excuse me, you took my cart" they proceeded to ignore me and continue into the store! OH NO She did NOT, but yes she did!

So I proceeded to go get 2 carts and go inside. While there, they noticed me and of course, the bad angel took over, so I gave them "the look". You see, in order to have taken my cart she would have had to see the "Got Triplets" sticker on the back of the van. So grandma knew it was me! Now why am I so mad you may ask? For me it is a matter of principle.....4 year old singleton vs. 2 1/2 year old triplets....and not even asking if I was done with the cart.....no brainer!

So the bad angel did not win in the end, because I did not go up to them and tell them exactly what I was thinking, however we did cross paths several more times in the store and I did give them "the look", nothing more. But for everyone out there with and without multiples I have some advice for you...............

1) never steal a cart from someone else without asking if they are finished
2) remember, if the MOM is shopping with multiples, she has to be a little crazy to begin with, so give her a break!

OH, and the boys were so well behaved, that one of the employees commented on how "good" they were!

3 comments:

Momma said...

There is a special place in hell for people that steal carts from moms of multiples! They should've been really embarassed!

n. said...

the nerve of some people! good for you though for keeping it just to passing along "the look"! i am not sure i could have been that tame.

Jen said...

I am impressed because I know I would have said something. You are a better woman than me.