February 17, 2009

It must Be my Birthday! CAKE LOVE

Everyone who really knows me, knows that the week preceding my birthday is usually full of hellish things and does not make for a fun "Me Day".

It all started around my 17th birthday when my Grandmother went into the hospital and has gone down hill from there......last year Parker, Preston and Peyton had an URI and Helena was not feeling well either. So when I took them to the Dr's. on my b-day, after being sleep deprived for 2 days, they all broke out into a chorus of tears and I had a meltdown in Dr. K's office. I was convinced that he was never going to let us come back again! After he hugged me and told me it was going to be OK, the rest of my day was.....I attended a MOMs meeting and had some downtime with some awesome friends. **note....my husband did not decide to celebrate my day until 2 days later, but that is another blog in itself.....

So this year was no exception to the drama that precedes my day! Last Thursday, Parker and Preston get into a wrestling match and Parker ends up with 5 stitches in the cheek. Luckily, Jenny was home so she could watch Preston and Peyton, and I was able to just take Parker to the ER. We were in and out in 1 hour and 15 minutes...awesome!

Then the week starts looking up....

Saturday - we got to go out to dinner on Valentines Day to a local Italian place that makes everything homemade...awesome!
Sunday - bridal shower and MOMs club fundraising meeting....both went extremely well and were productive, not to mention all of the yummy food (esp. the banana pudding at RHB!)
Monday - school holiday and MOMs New Member Celebration.....Helena made me a great picture on her day off and the Celebration was awesome thanks to all of the hard work Kate put into it...plus, some more yummy food!

Then we had today....Parker got his stitches out today and bless his heart he was a trooper. He just sat on my lap and let the Dr. do his thing! It looks good, but we still have to be careful - easier said than done around here!!

Then there was tonight....Jason really came through this year....he is close to Rock Star status on this one....

Since I have to work tomorrow (my actual birthday) he brought home cupcakes from Cake Love! For those of you who don't know Cake Love is owned by Warren Brown, he has a show on Food TV.... OMG I could just marry him all over again! I had the most wonderful cupcake-chocolate with mocha butter cream icing - YUM! Plus, I still have 5 more of different flavors left to try!Then I was presented with my present....from Bass Pro!
Yes, I know what you are thinking, we now live on the shore and I have to admit, his Christmas present came from there, but I got the best pair of muck boots ever....blue polka dotted ones! Now when we trek to the creek, I won't have wet feet!

So I am thinking that 2009 is the year of the turn around.....things are looking up!

1 comment:

n. said...

happy birthday friend! hope its fantastic - you deserve it!!