February 10, 2009

Mother Duck and her Ducklings

So today I decided we were going to go to Kohl's to get a present for this weekends bridal shower. I already knew I wanted to get an awesome Belgian Waffle maker so I could pass along one of our families favorite breakfast traditions, homemade waffles.............yum!!!! We use a recipe from my Great-Grandmother and I have loved this breakfast treat since I was little like Helena.

We load up in the stroller and head into Kohl's. All is going well until the boys all decide to get out of the stroller, within a 15 second time period of each other. OK, keep cool, we can do this......right?!?!?

So I turn on my best Mother Duck and we start to march toward the appliance section of the store. All is going well with my little ducklings, all in a row behind me. I go and pick up the waffle iron and put it in the stroller and we proceed to march to the checkout......keeping my cool right.....so far, so good! When I notice Peyton is falling behind, now this is not that unusual because he like to take it all in when on a walk, but today there was a different reason.......he was carrying a blender! A quite nice Kitchen-Aid I must admit. When I tried to take it away, he insisted on carrying it, so I decided to pick my battles and move along. Bless his heart, he carried it all the way to the checkout. Now his brothers, Frick and Frack, thought it would be fun to run toward the women's dressing room, until a woman walked out and scared the bejeezus out of them.

So we are checking out and I request that the blender not be rung up when the very nice associate said to me ...."I don't know if you realize this or not, but your son has a dish towel shoved in his coat." Terrific, just what I need, to get busted for trying to steal the ugliest dishtowel on the planet (cats, fish and hearts...ugh) by shoving it in my sons coat!!!!!!! Luckily the associate is a Mom too and totally thought if was funny.....Thank Goodness for the universal understanding among Mothers!

Now when we got to the van and 2 out of 3 decided to boycott getting into their seats by screaming NOOOOO.....at the top of their lungs....with several people looking on......I decided that their was a reward in my future! So off to my favorite place for my favorite lunch, a Starbucks Mocha Latte (today it had extra whip)!

1 comment:

Momma said...

I am laughing so hard! I know how much you seasonal love dish towels...he was just trying to add to your collection! Too bad you didn't need a new blender! I always feel like the Momma duck when all of my kids are lined up behind me following in a straight line.