February 3, 2009

Day Out With Dad!

This past Sunday was a beautiful day, so Jason decided to take the boys out for a little adventure to the creek. All of my little men put on their camo pants and muck boots and headed out with Dad. As soon as they left, I anticipated what treasures the triplets would bring back!

So after an hour and half, all of my boys returned for lunch, treasures in hand. Never did I think I would see the day that my sons returned from a hike with rocks and "eastern shore whistles" (spent shotgun shells, the boys thought they were goose callers) in hand. Apparently, they traveled along the creek, to the deer stand and over to the duck blinds. I can only imagine what future adventures will bring!

I have to say after a huge lunch, the boys crashed for a long, long nap.

In the future, I anticipate the boys and even Helena wanting to go hunting. (At Christmas we were in Bass Pro in the camo section and Helena said "Mommy, Look at all of this cool stuff!) It is a way of life here on the shore, where many kids go hunting with their Dads. It is something they grow up with and I have to admit a deer roast sounds pretty good right about now! Lucky for us, the boys Godfathers are seasoned hunters and have offered to give me a lesson on shooting this year. I will keep you posted on my progress!

1 comment:

Momma said...

Awwww, what a great time for the boys. I'm sure Jason loved watching them find so many treasures. Next time send the camera with him!